Pilot / Ride Operators are assigned to FlyRide to help with all aspects of running, operating and ensuring a positive guest experience. Management may assign additional tasks as required to meet business operation needs.
Pilot / Ride Operators Responsibilities:
- Time Management: Punctuality! Be on time for each shift and ready to work when scheduled to start, including prompt return from breaks and lunch.
- Knowledgeable: Be informed about FlyRide and all aspects of how the ride operates. Also knowledgeable about Beyond The Lens! and it’s exhibits.
- Follow all scripts and maintain adequate knowledge of area.
- Sales: Sell admissions accurately and efficiently and maintain a positive interaction.
- Receive payments by various payment methods and return accurate change as required.
- Assist guests with ticket issues and contact management when additional assistance is required.
- Customer Service: Clear, courteous, and positive communications with all guests and BTL team members.
- Actively look for opportunities to help guests and Team Members
- Teach others how to do something.
- Safety: Be knowledgeable of all safety procedures and protocols AND strictly follow all safety protocols for each exhibit.
- Assist guests with any accident per BTL protocol.
- Seek clarification from management when additional information is needed.
- Provide extra assistance as necessary for guests with physical limitations.
- Alert: Be attentive to various supply levels and notify the supervisor when stock levels run low.
- Attitude: Maintain a positive, cheerful attitude.
- Create and maintain a warm and friendly work environment for fellow Team Members and guests.
- Actively find ways to stay busy and productive during slower times.
- Cleanliness: Keep workstations clean and orderly.
- Perform cleaning tasks as requested by management.
- Personal Presentation: Present for each shift with good personal hygiene and cleanliness standards including a neat and well-maintained uniform.
- Wear proper uniform clothing, shoes, and name tag.
- Adhere to basic interpersonal and professional hygiene and cleanliness standards.
- Confidentiality: Maintain confidentiality of proprietary company information that guests, or vendors, do not need to know.
BTL Requirements of Successful Pilot / Ride Operators:
Pilot / Ride Operators are dependable, team-oriented individuals with high energy and a passion for delivering superior guest service.
- Night, holiday, and weekend availability is a requirement for this position.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts and days of the week.
- Strong time management skills
- MUST be punctual for shifts and ready to work at scheduled start times.
- MUST be punctual when returning to the floor after scheduled breaks and lunch.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with guests and peers.
- Ability to present a calm demeanor that deters others from engaging in disruptive behavior while encouraging a positive interaction with guests.
- Ability to perform for and interact directly with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box to find solutions and achieve positive results.
- Assist with guest services-related issues including but not limited to “working the floor.”
- Identify objects, actions, and events.
- Ensure appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Standing, walking, lifting 10 – 25lbs, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.